Saturday, April 14, 2012

To Start Things Off.....GUNDAM KITS!!!!!

                                              Says it all!
I should start off by thanking Ricky at Robogato 3006-B Lee Trevino and Tim at SunCityGames1716 East Yandell in El Paso Texas.......these guys help nerds like us feed our addictions without going broke.

Lets get into some Gunpla!!!

All these current kits are straight builds with a few base coats and mini touches here and there. I've been waiting for the lining and shadow details until the collection grows a bit.

       This is a small chunk of what i have to work on so far. Gonna be a lot of lining to do!!
 1/144 HG Stargazer. I added green to all the yellow and red bits to add to the green ring glow. Its about a quarter of the way done and then the lining begins.
 1/144 HG Destiny......I love this kit!!
 1/144 HG Titus, probably my favorite hg kit. He's a badass nothing more to say.
 1/144 HG Shining Gundam which is an awesome kit. really fun to put together, so fun you just have to end up finding some way to make the hand glow.
 1/100 MG OO-Raiser My favorite kit so far. Went together so well. The kit design is amazing. Every piece fits perfectly. The LED that comes with the kit works really well, nice and bright. Overall one of the most enertaining builds ive ever done and he's not even close to finished.
 1/144 HG OO-Gundam....hopefully soon I'll have every HG from OO and i can start making them actually look good. Few coats, lining, highlights and sealer.....maybe some lights in a few and my OO series will be pretty amazing.....especially if Rodney and Justn help me a bit.
 1/100 HG Deathscythe will always be a favorite. I base coated Duo in black to begin his paint fresh on a darker canvas for dark inner lines. Scythe glow is so nice!



Stargazer and Destiny GLOW!!
 I plan on putting LEDS in the MG Destiny X-Blast Mode once it arrives. The HG seemed a bit small for them.
 Though the blacklight does Destiny's wings some justice.
 1/144 HG Kyrios is really the only one I've actually started. He was first coated in Silver metallic. A fade of Orange and Yellow metallic is next. Once my markers get here I'll most likely go over his lines completely and seal him then go on to everyone else.

Kyrios close up..........his eyes are getting reflective orange metallic base coat with white highlights to give light effects.


Next Up.......Warhammer 40k Necrons and Nurgle Custom Builds plus the painting and basing of a Citadel Modular Game Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment